bookshelves: radio-4x, recreational-drugs, spring-2012, classic, chick-lit, doo-lally, eye-scorcher, lifestyles-deathstyles, mental-health, north-americas, ouch, scary-clowns-circus-dolls, sleazy, too-sexy-for-maiden-aunts, re-visit-2014, play-dramatisation, women, winter-20132014, published-1966, new-york
Jacqueline Susann drama with Madeleine Potter.
1. Anne heads off to the dazzling lights of post-war New York in search of a career. Jacqueline Susann drama with Madeleine Potter.
2. One of New York’s richest men has proposed marriage to Anne.
3. Anne meets famous torch singer Helen, and Neely understudies the lead in a new musical.
4. Anne’s relationship with Lyon grows passionate, and Neely gets her big break.
5. Anne’s fallen for Lyon Burke, but her friendship with Helen is put to the test.
6. Set on showbiz careers in New York, Anne, Jennifer and Neely move in together. Jacqueline Susann drama with Barbara Barnes.
7. Jennifer is keen to marry Tony, and Lyon visits Anne’s family home in Lawrenceville.
8. New bride Jennifer visits Neely, who has become a big Hollywood star.
9. Jennifer is invited to star in French films and Anne gets work in the new medium – television.
10. Neely has won an Academy Award, but her second marriage is already on the rocks.
11. With Anne’s help Neely agrees to perform on TV, but this creates big problems.
12. Just as Jennifer finds love and happiness, tragedy strikes.
13. After the tragedy, Neely gets agitated and Anne gets a visit from an old flame.
14. Lyon is back and Anne still has feelings for him, despite being engaged to Kevin.
15. Betrayed by Neely and with Lyon becoming more distant, Anne turns to the dolls
This is just as bad as I remember it. Love me some trash. Isn’t it a shame that more of the rich and famous didn’t read this before their worlds imploded under their own addictions and vanity. Amy Winehouse, Michael Jackson etc etc